10.01.2012

Vegan MOFO 2012

It's that time of year again!


Vegan MoFo 2012 begins today, October 1st. If you aren't familiar with the internationally acclaimed vegan blogging phenomenon that is MoFo, you can read about it here! Basically, bloggers from around the world try to cook, eat, and write about vegan food for the entire month of October. This will be my third year participating, and I'm elated by the prospect of so many people coming together over our shared interest that is vegan goodness.


The last two years that I participated, I had so much fun planning five course meals and veganizing food named after people. This year, I've decided to drift away from a month-long theme and instead have a topic for each day of the week.

  • Monday Morning Breakfast Bash- Each Monday, I'll share a breakfast recipe to kick start the week. They'll range from the grab-and-go meal to more elaborate spreads (tablecloths included - maybe). Rest assured, there will be plenty of coffee.
  • Booze-day (Tuesday) - I'll bring together two of my favorite establishments - the kitchen and the bar. It'll be a combination of cooking with alcohol and cocktails, and may even feature (the beginnings of) a home brewed beer!
  • Cookbook Challenge Wednesday - I've participated in my fair share of cookbook challenges, and they have always successfully pushed me to explore the many cookbooks on my shelf that don't get much attention. I'll randomly select a cookbook from my collection and randomly select a page number. Whatever happens to be on that page will be cooked and featured (and eaten!) on Wednesdays.
  • Thrifty Thursdays - The budget-friendliest grocery shopping tips, menu planning ideas, and recipes will be featured on Thursdays.
  • Friday Pie-day - As if you didn't see that coming. I've got an underused copy of Vegan Pie in the Sky that will receive some much deserved attention on Fridays. What better way to welcome autumn than with pies (and/or tarts, turnovers, cobblers, etc.)?
  • Saturday: To the Market - The Redstick Farmer's market here in Baton Rouge is usually bustling with vegetables, fruits, baked goods, and plants for sale. I'll share with you my haul and what I plan to make with it.
  • Something New on Sunday - I'd like to try something new on Sunday. It can be a new ingredient, snack, restaurant or recipe, the only stipulation is that I've never eaten or cooked with it before.
I can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your food named after people posts last year, but I think the daily topics sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Especially Booze-Day ;)

    ReplyDelete