10.14.2011

Vegan MoFo - Day 14

Day 14 - Chicken Tetrazzini!

Like I mentioned before, I'll use any excuse in the book for more noodles. When I discovered that the heart-stealing chicken Tetrazzini was named after someone, I just couldn't resist!


Ok, so this isn't the most photogenic plate of food, but it sure is tasty! This dish is named after the famed Italian opera singer, Luisa Tetrazzini. I don't know much about opera, but I did learn that she was pretty famous for her phenomenal vocal abilities. Like the success of her operatic career, so too has this dish found wooed many munchers.

I didn't really follow a recipe for this, nor did I write anything down during the process. Basically, it's al denta pasta combined with sauteed onions, cremini mushrooms, carrots and peas, and tossed with a roux-thickened cream sauce and chopped almonds. I spread that mixture in a 2-quart casserole and baked for 30 minutes, until the tops was slightly crunchy. More almonds and a heavy sprinkle of nooch to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment